Back-End Web Developer
We are looking for skilled web developers and software engineers who are motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming as part of a team on the bleeding edge of information and value transfer, developing world changing applications to solve global problems and rethink global ecosystems. We work with local and global institutions to pioneer a future where degrees, credentials, online learnings, workplace development, and career progress are saved on learners' phones and verified on the spot. A world where learners can effectively map education toward their goals, scholarships, holistic living, and abundant employment.
Back-End Web Developer duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and develop all parts of a complex service-oriented system
- Work with a large arsenal of open source and cutting-edge technologies such as Node.js, React.js, MongoDB, Docker, AWS, Neo4j, Redis.
- Plan and implement model data structures for scalability
- Write secure code
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle
- Work on the maintenance and improvement of existing data structures
- Research, evaluate and analyze technical and design requirements
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs/flaws to ensure servers are running optimally.
- Incorporate standards-based development processes for website and web/mobile applications.
- Assist with website strategy and planning.
- Subject matter expert, providing: guidelines, best practices and training to other individuals
- Formulate concepts and ideas for additional products, tools and services
Back-End Web Developer requirements
- 3+ years of experience in Back End Web development
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Really good understanding of the Linux ecosystem and experience with server management
- Experience with automation tools like AWS CodePipeline, AWS CloudDeploy, CircleCI
- Experience with Docker and how to use it in the context of Node.js and micro-services
- Experience with high availability solutions (load balancing, Fargate…)
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services