Type: Contract or Full-Time
Description: We are looking for a skilled Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming as part of a team on the bleeding edge of information and value transfer, developing world changing applications to solve global problems and rethink global ecosystems. We work with local and global institutions to pioneer a future where degrees, credentials, online learnings, workplace development, and career progress are saved on learners' phones and verified on the spot. A world where learners can effectively map education toward their goals, scholarships, holistic living, and abundant employment.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application for our web and mobile apps. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works to create a compelling user experience.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Excellent understanding of React.
- Basic or Proficient skills in Apollo Client.
- Not required, but Nice to Have: Apollo Server, MongoDB, Node, React-Native, MeteorJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, bundle and code splitting, lighthouse metrics.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, specifically Git.
- Proficient understanding of clean code collaboration practices, including linting and following team style guides.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- 3+ Years of Professional or Similar Experience Required